Planned Parenthood
The Planned Parenthood controversy has been heavy on my heart since we first heard about it. Admittedly, I cannot watch the videos and have only tried to stomach one or two of the articles. As a voter, as someone who keeps up with current events, and as someone who has an opinion about everything (it’s okay to chuckle), I feel like I should. As a mom, I just can't. I saw Sarah's little heart flashing at 7 weeks. SEVEN weeks. In a moment when I thought I was losing her, there was evidence of life. The baby who would make me a mother was alive despite all the outward signs that suggested otherwise.
Every single person who supports Planned Parenthood is the product of someone who chose life. Now I know that the road of life isn’t easy for anyone and that some have it worse, far worse, than others. However, despite whatever the circumstances were their mothers chose life, and they do too, at least their own. After all, they’re around to weigh in on the matter.
I look at my newest love, a baby I never imagined I would have. His perfect little nose, his perfect little toes, and his toothless grin and the giggles that follow when he sees me come into a room. Sometimes I hover over his crib watching him sleep, imagining his future, and praying that he grows up to be a kind and positive contributor to society. There is simply no justification, explanation, or excuse for what Planned Parenthood has done. I cannot reconcile any of it with my feelings as a mom and my values. And yes, I think less of you if you can.
Comments
Post a Comment