Little Prince

that's a crown LOL
Yesterday, Seth was fussy so I moved him from the activity mat to the bouncer to the exersaucer. He wasn't impressed with any of them, which is unusual, so it occurred to me (yes, occurred) that maybe he was hungry. He was still fussing as I warmed a leftover bottle. Normally when he sees that someone is preparing a bottle he'll settle and only whine intermittently until it's ready. Such was not the case.

Still fussing, I sat down on the couch with him in my lap. He seemed interested, but then I realized it had been awhile since his last diaper. Due to his spitting issues, we can't lay him down immediately after eating we have to change him beforehand. Knowing he was starving and not wanting to take the time to change him if he didn't really need it yet, I pulled the diaper away from his leg to check inside, you know, like moms do.

In doing so, I managed to stick the tip of my finger into very squishy, very green poo. I put him against my shoulder and ran upstairs, all the while trying not to touch him with that finger and avoid coming in contact with the blankie he was sort of pushing around and waving.

I changed him without further incident and took him back downstairs. He polished off the bottle and seemed to want more. I made him another, and started feeding him again. He spit the nipple almost immediately and looked at me with a very clear, "what the heck, Mommy" look in his eyes. I looked at the bottle, tried again. Again he wasn't impressed. I shook the bottle a little. That's when it hit me, I had only put one tablespoon of rice in a two ounce bottle. He needs one tablespoon for every ounce so he was short a full tablespoon and the formula didn't have the right texture. I added the missing tablespoon and he downed it. A little while later he was ready for a nap, and so was I.

What a little prince.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.