March-A-Thon
Sal was required to be in Steubenville this morning to help with the high school band's march-a-thon. One of the band moms took some pictures and I swiped them off Facebook.
He ended up playing bass drum, and we kind of have a running joke about bass drums in general. If you've ever watched someone play the bass drum in a marching band, it doesn't appear to be very exciting. Sure, there's some counting involved, but it's not like snare drum or quads. You might hit the drum once or two for every 4 counts in a song. Sal swears bass drum can be fun, but I have my doubts.In this picture, Sal is #13 and bringing up the rear.
I guess they ended up marking about 7 miles. That's 7 miles with a bass drum strapped to him. Craziness.
I debated on taking Sal, I could have pushed him in the stroller, but we had a long day on Saturday and the heat/humidity was oppressive, too much for a little baby. So we hung out at home instead. Well, actually, Seth napped for 4.5 hours while I hung out at home. I got some cleaning done, did some laundry, and worked on my family tree on ancestry.com. That's quite the project.
I found out too late that the children's choir was singing at Mass today for the installation of St. Ursula's new priest, Father Aaron Kriss, but they didn't seem to mind that I wasn't there. This is the kind of thing that really frustrates me about their dad, but I have to let it go or it just eats at me.
Sal made it home, I went to the store for a few items, and then we had a quick dinner before Mass at St. Paul's Cathedral. The day wasn't nearly as relaxing as I had hoped, and it's back to work tomorrow.
Comments
Post a Comment