Whoopsie
So, the plan was to sand the top of the shelf and either re-stain or paint it.I went to Lowe's and bought a new toy. Took it home and realized that the top of the shelf was just a veneer overlay and not real wood. I decided to try to sand the red stain out anyway. What I succeeded doing instead was to cause the veneer to bubble. Then I had to pick at it with a screwdriver. Once I took it to the point of no return, I told Sal the entire shelf had to come out.
I waited to gauge his reaction, because it's not me who had to replace the shelf. It's him. I destroy, he fixes.
All he said was, "okay." And, he didn't sound mad.
WoooHoooo!
This little bedroom was supposed to be a paint the walls and rip out the carpet kind of project, and I've now put more effort into this room than any other in the house.
It's going to be so worth it though.
Comments
Post a Comment