Another Reno
![]() |
| my latest project - our spare bedroom |
This room has the same hideous carpet that was in our hallway so we decided it would be going away as well. Before ripping out the carpet, I decided to paint with the carpet as my drop cloth. I also decided since we had the time to do it "right," that I would paint the ceiling. Thank goodness I did. What a difference a fresh coat of white paint made.
To paint the ceiling properly, I felt it would easiest if I removed the paddles and globe from the ceiling fan. I had been meaning to talk to Sal about changing out the fan for one with white paddles, so I was delighted to see the other side of the reversible paddles were white. Score.
But, it was a classic example of one project leading to another. I proceeded to remove all the globes from all the ceiling fans in the house for a good cleaning.
Emmy helped me reassemble the paddles, and handed the proper tools to me while I perched on the ladder. She also removed all the outlet covers and the switch plate cover. I have no idea where she learned to do this, but she knew exactly what tools to use and what needed done. She was quite proud of herself too.
While she took care of that, I taped the room off so I could start painting the walls. Here's our palette:
I've been wanting a yellow and gray room for a long time, and Sal didn't have any objections so we're well on our way. I would love to add touches of the watery blue too. I might have to find a way to add in the begonia just to liven things up a little. 
Comments
Post a Comment