Annie

The Christian school in Steubenville is performing Annie this Thursday through Saturday. After some confusion, Sal was able to score me a ticket for Friday night. He, of course, is playing percussion in the orchestra.

Because he has a solo and ensemble competition this Saturday, we decided to stay in Steubenville after the show for a romantic getaway. I say that half jokingly; have you been to Steubenville? Anyway, he has to be at the school by 5:30am and it didn't make sense for him to come home to Pittsburgh, late after the show, only to return a few hours later. 

Anyway, Annie is the first musical I remember seeing as a kid. I believe my girl scout troop saw it together so I must have been 8 or 9. I remember Al Shilling played Daddy Warbucks and he was very convincing. I also remember that I loved it. Little did I know h
ow much I would love to come musicals over the years.

I always send Sal a candy gram or a carnation when I attend shows, and the Christian school had smiley balloons for sale. The only thing better than one smiley balloon is six, so I sent every member of the orchestra a balloon.

See, it's not all work and no play around here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.