Sweet Sarah

A few months ago, Sarah mentioned that she wanted to join the children's choir at school. She loves to sing, and since she mentioned joining on her own, her dad and I agreed to let her try it out. The kids practice for an hour once a week, and I know she's been working hard. She also loves it.

This Saturday the children sang at the Saturday evening Palm Sunday mass, and Sarah wanted me to be there for it. Of course I was happy to comply.

When I arrived Sarah was already with the other children, and Emily and her dad was sitting toward the back of the church so I slid in to the pew next to Emmy. I would have preferred sitting closer to the front, but I couldn't make Emmy choice between him or I so I fulfilled my Lenten obligation.

The most memorable moment happened as Emmy and I went up to communion. Just as I started up the aisle from our pew, I heard a shouted whisper, "Mommy!" Every mom in the attendance looked over her shoulder, gazing heavenward. There was my firstborn hanging over the railing, waving furiously.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.