Vacation
Yep, I did it. I took the day off, and it was my most guilt-free vacation day ever, I think.
And the first order of business was cleaning the refrigerator.
I also got a ton of laundry done. It never seems to end in our house.
The girls and I sorted out their drawers of winter clothes, and put summer clothes in their place.
I tried to organize the spare room which I am still trying to paint. I just can't seem to find a chunk of time in which I don't get pulled into some other project.
Sarah did some reading for school. She really likes the Henry and Mudge series by Cynthia Rylant.
In the afternoon Emmy and I went for a walk while Sal and Sarah rode their bikes. I think Emmy is a little intimidated by hers. Sometimes I make her ride, but taking a walk sounded like fun to me too so I let it slide. We were playing wiffle ball (again) when their dad showed up for the switch.
It was very hard to let the girls go and I told Sal I was going outside to do something. I decided to rip out our concrete pavers sidewalk. In all honesty, I wanted it to be harder than it actually was. When I was almost finished I called him out to look at my project. He wasn't happy with me, but mostly because he had no idea where or how to get rid of the pavers.
I don't either.
UPDATE: I posted an ad on Craigslist. People will take anything that says FREE. The pavers were lining our yard when I left for work Tuesday morning. By the time I got home, they were gone and I was still receiving email messages about them. One guy, my old neighbor, oddly enough, was one. He had no idea where I had moved to, but I guess he found me. It was pretty funny.
And the first order of business was cleaning the refrigerator.
I also got a ton of laundry done. It never seems to end in our house.
The girls and I sorted out their drawers of winter clothes, and put summer clothes in their place.
I tried to organize the spare room which I am still trying to paint. I just can't seem to find a chunk of time in which I don't get pulled into some other project.
Sarah did some reading for school. She really likes the Henry and Mudge series by Cynthia Rylant.
In the afternoon Emmy and I went for a walk while Sal and Sarah rode their bikes. I think Emmy is a little intimidated by hers. Sometimes I make her ride, but taking a walk sounded like fun to me too so I let it slide. We were playing wiffle ball (again) when their dad showed up for the switch.
It was very hard to let the girls go and I told Sal I was going outside to do something. I decided to rip out our concrete pavers sidewalk. In all honesty, I wanted it to be harder than it actually was. When I was almost finished I called him out to look at my project. He wasn't happy with me, but mostly because he had no idea where or how to get rid of the pavers.
I don't either.
UPDATE: I posted an ad on Craigslist. People will take anything that says FREE. The pavers were lining our yard when I left for work Tuesday morning. By the time I got home, they were gone and I was still receiving email messages about them. One guy, my old neighbor, oddly enough, was one. He had no idea where I had moved to, but I guess he found me. It was pretty funny.

Comments
Post a Comment