Spring Break, Day 4
We took it easy this morning and got moving slowly. The only thing we had planned for today was seeing Jonah at the Sight and Sound Theatre in Lancaster.
I've been wanting to see a show at this theater for awhile because I've heard they're massive, detailed productions. That is true. Jonah was an amazing show, and I highly recommend it. However, I think any show would be good there.
We had a couple of experiences though that I could have done without.
Toward the end of the Act One, Sarah nudged me and showed me that her tooth had fallen out. Furthermore, it didn't just fall out, there was blood gushing from her mouth. Since we had left Seth back at the hotel with my dad, I didn't have a diaper bag and therefore, no tissues, on me. My mom didn't either. That's just unheard of, but people around us figured out we needed some and I ended up with a pocket size package of tissues and some wipes. That did the trick and we were able to get her cleaned up in the restroom at intermission.
Toward the end of Act Two, I heard moaning from somewhere behind me. Initially I thought someone was super into the spiritual experience and message of Jonah. As we quickly realized, the woman behind me was having a medical event, a seizure perhaps. At any rate, her family was able to get her to the end of the row and ushers helped them out of the theater.
When we arrived back at the hotel, Seth seemed off to me. I knew he had slept four hours that afternoon based on texts back and forth with my dad. I expected to find energetic, and oh-so-happy to see us when we arrived and he was anything but. In addition to not acting like his usual self, he felt warm to me when I kissed his temple.
I told my mom that he needed to be seen because maybe his ear infection wasn't clearing, Sal picked him up and Seth immediately vomited all over him. I immediately decided we were going to the hospital. I put Seth in clean clothes and Sal changed too and then we ran out to the car. We were close to Hershey Medical Center, but the drive seemed to take forever. I ran him into the ER while Sal parked the car. I explained that we were visiting from out-of-town and didn't know where else to take him. I also gave them his history of ear infections and that I didn't think the Cefdinir was helping him this time.
The doctor seemed to think he had a virus, but switched him to Augmentine. They also gave him a dose of Zofran to stop the vomiting and motrin for any pain he might be having, ear or otherwise. By the time they discharged us a little under two hours later, Seth was very much acting like himself again.
We got back to the hotel after everyone was in bed, and Sal and I tried to eat a dinner of leftover pizza and cheese sticks from Papa Johns. It wasn't sitting well on my stomach so I gave up and tried to sleep. After all that excitement and my continued concern for Seth, that wasn't happening either.
Comments
Post a Comment