Sal's Sick
What is going on this month?!?
Sal called me about 5:15 yesterday and told me that he was on his way to the hospital. Since he never goes to to the doctor, let alone the hospital, without a lot of prompting from me, this announcement was more than a little concerning. He wasn't sure what was wrong, he just knew it was his kidneys.
Sal has PKD, poly-cystic kidney disease. You can find information online about it, but it's serious and there is currently no cure.
As it turns out he has a kidney stone. He spent a few hours in the ER and then I booked him a room at the Best Western in Steubenville because neither one of us thought it was a good idea for him to try to drive the hour home.
He wasn't happy when I woke him up at 9:51am since he had his alarm set for 10 and I robbed him of nine minutes of sleep. However, he did make an appointment with his PCP, and was going to get prescriptions filled at Walgreens in Steubenville. I encouraged him to drink lots of water to pass the stone, but I don't know if he'll be able to keep water down.
It's 2:04 now so I guess I'll know more after he sees his doctor. Stay tuned.
Sal called me about 5:15 yesterday and told me that he was on his way to the hospital. Since he never goes to to the doctor, let alone the hospital, without a lot of prompting from me, this announcement was more than a little concerning. He wasn't sure what was wrong, he just knew it was his kidneys.
Sal has PKD, poly-cystic kidney disease. You can find information online about it, but it's serious and there is currently no cure.
As it turns out he has a kidney stone. He spent a few hours in the ER and then I booked him a room at the Best Western in Steubenville because neither one of us thought it was a good idea for him to try to drive the hour home.
He wasn't happy when I woke him up at 9:51am since he had his alarm set for 10 and I robbed him of nine minutes of sleep. However, he did make an appointment with his PCP, and was going to get prescriptions filled at Walgreens in Steubenville. I encouraged him to drink lots of water to pass the stone, but I don't know if he'll be able to keep water down.
It's 2:04 now so I guess I'll know more after he sees his doctor. Stay tuned.
Comments
Post a Comment