William's First Communion


My nephew (and godson) celebrated his First Communion today. Sarah and Emmy were with their dad, but Sal, Seth, and I went to Washington to celebrate with my sister and her family.

I liked the way Immaculate Conception had the children walk in with two people of their choice. William opted for his mom and grandma. They came in with a good amount of space in between each family, and a professional photographer took their picture.

The ceremony itself was nice, but I will never understand why priests don't tailor their homilies to children when it is a celebration for children. It seems like a "miss" in my book.

We were too far back to see William actually make his First Communion, but the ceremony itself was nice. Seth was very well behaved too.

Afterwards we took some pictures outside, and then headed to Adam's Pine Creek Buffet in Washington for lunch. The food was surprisingly tasty, but I'm still partial to a sit-down restaurant. It's easier for me to control my eating when I am forced to choose from a menu, and I like being served.

I had the chicken parmesan, a salad, and some homemade bread. I also tried to the pork since that's what I had chosen for Seth. Like I said, the food had a lot of flavor and it was good. I missed what Sal had, but he didn't have any complaints about the food either. For dessert I tried a slice of blackberry pie, but it wasn't my grandfather's so I only picked at that. The peanut butter cheesecake was fabulous.

After lunch we went back to my sister's house to visit briefly, and then we headed home. It was a nice afternoon, but I'm exhausted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.