this is my story - adventures, opportunities, and life lessons.
For the Love of Reading
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I've read quite a few good books lately, but my favorite has been Titans. It's written by Leila Meacham, the author of the most fabulous work of historical fiction ever written (Roses).
I have in-depth reviews of all the books I've read posted here on my book blog.
I'm not sure why I'm posting this now. Eight months seems like such a random milestone. Why not 6? Why not wait until 12 months, a full year? But no, 8 months it is. Nearly 8 months ago I left my husband of 5 years. I left 4.5 years later than I should have. Surprised? Those of you who thought you knew us as a couple probably are. We appeared to have it all. You saw what we wanted you to see. You saw us as you wanted to see us. You knew us as we wanted you to know us. And, yes, you knew us as you wanted to know us. The signs were there. Hindsight is always 20/20. About this time a year ago I was living moment to moment, but not so as to soak in each moment. I lived moment to moment because it's the only way I could get through the day. I fell asleep at night only to be awakened by one or both of the girls crying in the morning. I would lay there, eyes shut, thinking "Please no, don't make me get out of bed and live this life". The crying would continue and...
In what may seem like complete craziness on my part, I want to take the Sarah and Emily to Disney World before school starts in the fall. I’m not kidding when I say it’s been a long year and I feel like we just need to get away to the happiest place on Earth for a few days. Kevin and I took the girls to Disney last January for his brother’s wedding so I do have some idea of what I’d be getting myself into. That helps. Sarah still talks about that trip. She remembers flying on the purple plane (Southwest), throwing up in the castle (at breakfast with the princesses), and riding Dumbo (she must have ridden it no less than 20 times and of course it had the longest lines). I still remember the sheer joy on her face when she met Mickey and Minnie and all the other characters too. Emily was sort of “eh” on meeting them. They were nice from a distance, but when they got too close she dissolved in a puddle of tears. I have been wanting to go back since the day I left and I think it would be...
Sarah and Emily, my adorable daughters, are the "two little girls" going "for a walk in the wide, wide world". Bonus points if you know from which classic children's book this line was shamelessly stolen. . . and slightly modified. Although a writer by day, it may take me awhile to find my groove in these "off" hours as a creative writer while I share my life as a single, working mom of two with you. Here goes. . . I haven't always been single. And I haven't always been a mother. My husband Kevin and I were married at Holy Spirit Parish on May 7, 2005 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Nearly two years later we welcomed our first child, Sarah, into our lives on March 20, 2007. At 5lbs, 10oz she was much smaller than anyone had anticipated, but what she lacked in size she made up for in noise. This is the child that did not sleep through the night (nor did she let her parents sleep through the night) until she was 9 months old. What a joy she was ...
Comments
Post a Comment