March Craziness
Last Saturday Emmy had a friend's birthday party at the zoo. She wanted her hair curled, and then wanted me to take a picture. I didn't know a seven year old could fuss so much over her appearance. It will be interesting to see just how bad this becomes as she gets older.
It's also clear to me that it's just a trait. Nothing I have done has fostered or encouraged this "nonsense."
We also worked on her leprechaun trap. I cannot express to you how much I hate this second grade project, but I found this idea on Pinterest and we ran with it. Fortunately, it was relatively painless. We used supplies we already had, and Emmy was uncharacteristically agreeable.
On Sunday, Sal had play practice in Steubenville, and I noticed as the day wore on that Seth was looking more and more under the weather. Initially I had assumed his ear infection had taken hold yet again, but his symptoms didn't really add up. His temp was 101 and I gave him Motrin. An hour later he still felt really warm to me and I took it again. It had gone up to 101.9. I couldn't remember ever giving Motrin to a kid, and having the temp rise. I packed all three up and we headed to Children's Express Care in Lawrenceville. Sure enough he has a virus. The doctor couldn't be more specific than that, but did say he should be well in 72 hours. I expected him to have a bad night, but after one false start very early in the evening he slept well all night.
Seth's been standing independently for longer periods of time each day for the last couple of weeks, and I finally got a picture. This was a highlight of my day. Another highlight were temps in the 70s so we went for a nice late afternoon walk. I'm just so grateful I get as much time as I do with him. The girls were in daycare full-time, but I've been able to swing being home with Seth two days a week, and I really cherish that time and feel blessed to have the opportunity.
He's finally back at daycare today, and I just hope he doesn't catch whatever weird virus is probably going around this week. Oy.
I do know that since today is another gorgeous day, they were going to get the kids out for a walk this morning.
Comments
Post a Comment