13 Month Adventures
He loves getting into the cabinet underneath the sink. He pulls out the olive oil, cooking oil, and occasionally my recipes and then he swings the door open and shut. There are plenty of other things in that cabinet (all non-toxic), but he doesn't bother them. I'm going to miss that little diaper butt hanging out by the sink, but especially while I'm trying to do dishes. He actually pushes me out of the way. He just pushes and wiggles his way around or between your legs until he gets where he wants to go.
He loves hanging out at the trash can. I wash the lid daily now just because his hands are always on it. By the way, that's dry wall paint down the side of the can, not something that was recently spilled.
If someone goes upstairs, or better yet, if everyone is upstairs, and he's left downstairs, he stands at the bottom step and yells while pounding the step with his hand. He does it until someone reappears or goes back downstairs. He makes no attempt to climb the stairs himself. . .yet.
He is cruising everywhere. He rarely crawls anymore and will walk the perimeter of a room to get to the other side rather than dropping and crawling over. He hasn't taken any steps independently yet, but he will lunge toward the couch or the wall from an standing position if he knows he can reach it. He just kind of falls forward. He's been standing independently since just after his 12 month birthday. I didn't think it would be long before he took first steps, but he is taking his sweet time.
Someone just mentioned today that he may be late to potty train as well. I hope not, but you get what you get and you don't throw a fit. It's much too soon to worry about that anyway.
Comments
Post a Comment