Easter Sunday
Easter Sunday started out a chilly 45 degrees, so we altered our plans for Seth's outfit. He ended up in pants and a long sleeve onesie. Still very cute, but not the outfit we had originally chosen. Then, I decided I wanted to save his "Easter Outfit" for Emmy's First Communion in May so we put him in a jon jon I found brand new at Kid to Kid on Friday.The girls sang at the 9am Mass at St. Ursula's and came home with us when that was over. (This is their dad's week, but my holiday). They got changed and then we headed to my sister's house for the day. Sal's Uncle Ernie joined us from Kent, as he often does for holidays.
Group pictures never seem to work out for our family, but my sister took this picture of Sethy and I at her house for Easter dinner. We were inadvertently coordinated. It was also a beautiful, sunny 75 degree day in Washington.
Speaking of dinner, my sister made her delicious macaroni salad (seriously, I'm not sure what she does differently, but it's awesome), and I brought a fruit salad. I made it the day before so the flavors had a chance to meld and come together. One of my sister's friends said the pineapple was especially tasty.
My mom took the older kids to the neighborhood playground and they were gone for a good hour. Seth couldn't stay awake so we put him down for a nap. It's amazing how he'll just roll over and go to sleep when given the opportunity.
We got home a little later than I had expected, although no real plans had been set. I took the girls for a walk and then we waited for their dad to pick them up. They go back to him for the night, and I'll pick them up from his house Monday after work.
It was a beautiful Easter and a fun day.
Comments
Post a Comment