Merry Christmas Eve


I added the sign to the right to our Christmas decor this year. I found it online in early December and it arrived just in time for the holiday. We put it in the blank space about the computer desk.

My parents came down since the sang with the children's choir at the 4pm mass today. We had a hard time keeping Seth still and quiet, but he was just doing what babies do. I don't think he really disrupted anyone around us.

Then we had dinner at our house. It was my first time making a pot roast and veggies in the crockpot, and the recipe I used received rave reviews. We're putting it on our weekly menu.

Shortly after dinner they headed to the Comfort Inn on McKnight with plans to come back first thing in the morning to open gifts with the kids. We had gotten them the requisite calendar of grandkids, and a gift card to the Ale House in Franklin. It's their favorite local restaurant, and they also catered our rehearsal dinner. It was yummy.

The holidays are a struggle for me, and I can never put my finger on why. It's probably a combination of factors. Christmas doesn't feel like Christmas anymore since I'm an adult now. It's a lot of chaos and a major disruption to our usual schedule/routine. It's hard only seeing the girls part of the time. That changes things. It could always be worse, but this isn't ideal.

Well, as I say every day, it's only 48 hours and then we can get back on track. I always come out alive on the other side, but I do feel beat up. When can I go back to work :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.