Christmas Day

Here's a snapshot of Christmas morning. Seth was looking for Santa (lower right), Emmy was modeling a scarf Santa brought her, and Sarah is busy unwrapping a gift.

Santa also brought Scrabble. Sal and I play Words with Friends on our phones, but we wanted to introduce the girls to Scrabble.

I love the picture of Sal trying out Emmy's new keyboard from Aunt Kathy and Uncle Ron. He's oblivious to Seth in the background climbing up the tv stand.

Seth with the teething ring is especially funny. The four of us were talking and opening gifts, the usual Christmas morning stuff, and then at the same time we heard a sound coming from Seth's direction. We looked over at him and all of us cracked up. He was making slobbery mouth noises and rocking the teething ring back and forth in his mouth. It was a moment.

All of the kids were up by 5am, and I texted my dad to let him know. He said my mom was still sleeping, and they didn't arrive until 7:30 or so. They stayed to have pumpkin roll and visit. At 10, the girls left with their dad and my parents headed to my sister's shortly thereafter.

Because of the short night and the lack of sleep I'd been getting lately, I napped when Seth laid down and Sal's Uncle Ernie showed up. They had Christmas dinner alone, which I felt badly about, but I was exhausted. We had ordered a honey-baked ham and had cauliflower his uncle brought. He gave all of us gift cards for Christmas, which were much appreciated.

He and Sal watched tv into the evening, and I worked on a Times Square puzzle my parents had given us.

All in all it was a wonderful day, but I am, as always, looking forward to returning to my regularly scheduled life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.