Las Posadas
The Las Posadas is a fourth grade tradition at St. Ursula's, but with such a small class this year, the third grade was asked to participate as well. Sarah had wanted to be an angel, and was cast in that role. Then she found out that angels don't do anything, but stand there and so next year she's hoping for something better.
A family from Peru now attends the girls' school so this is an extra special tradition now. They came to the US seeking medical treatments or a cure for one of their daughters, and stayed.
![]() |
| Sarah is second from right, hands folded near her chin |
She was really bummed that I couldn't attend this year, but I told her someone would take pictures and make sure I saw them. That didn't exactly make up for my absence, but it helped.
Las Posadas is a Latin American tradition. It's a ritual re-enactment of Mary and Joseph's search for a lodging in Bethlehem, performed just before Christmas.
A family from Peru now attends the girls' school so this is an extra special tradition now. They came to the US seeking medical treatments or a cure for one of their daughters, and stayed.
A perk of performing this play is that Sarah has been able to spend time with the director and see her in action firsthand. Her impression of Mrs. Cross is that she was "mean," and always yelling at her class. I asked Sarah how it's been going with her and she said that she likes Mrs. Cross now. Sarah explained that Mrs. Cross doesn't yell at her kids, she's just a loud talker. That kind of made me laugh, but it also makes me feel better because I know she was really worried about having Mrs. Cross next year. I think she's actually looking forward to it now.
Mrs. Cross also directs the school musical in May, and we'll have to see, but I think third graders can also participate in that.

Comments
Post a Comment