Decking the Halls

Sal really wanted a live Christmas tree this year, and for no other reason except that I love him, I consented. I asked him in that meant we needed to go to a Christmas tree farm and cut down a tree and he said no.

To make this as easy and painless as possible, we went to McTighe's Garden Center. I like McTighe's for flowers in the spring so I assumed their trees would be nice as well. It's also just a quick trip from our house.

There were plenty of trees to choose from, and I gravitated to the Concolor Firs. The needles are silvery green and the branches are a little more sparse than some of the other types. I realized later this species has a vintage type feel about them. They also have a pleasing citrus/pine scent. As a bonus the Concolor is a dollar less per foot as well.

Nobody took issue with the tree that I declared perfect so the sales guy got it wrapped up and tied it down to the roof of the car.

I love this picture of Sarah and Emmy looking through the window, all excited to get our tree home.

Feeling all inspired, I took the girls shopping for more Christmas decorations. We bought garland for the front "porch" railing, and peppermint stick lights to line the sidewalk. Nothing too crazy, and I'm hoping to get pictures soon.

All the excitement was just too much for Sal and Seth to handle so they took a little nap while we were out. We came home to this.

When we returned home from shopping and had dinner, we rearranged our living room so that we could put the tree in the window. Perhaps the corner would have been a better location, but a tree in the window just seems "right." We're letting it rest so the branches can settle back into place and we'll decorate tomorrow. Hopefully.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.