New Glasses
Seth's new glasses came in, and we picked them up yesterday. I was concerned he wouldn't leave them on, but that hasn't been an issue. That tells me the glasses are helping.
On the short drive home I noticed, in the rear view mirror, that he was really studying his hands, turning them this way and that and turning the over. Since he can't focus on close objects, I'm sure his hands have appeared quite blurry to him. I also see him sliding his glasses down his nose and peering out over the top at an object, and then pushing them up and looking at that same object.
These are the situations I force myself to think about when I start to feel sad or get a twinge about his needing glasses in the first place. They are helping him, and that is what's important. Still, I pray so hard that his eyes have improved when we return to the doctor in June.
I wasn't thrilled with these particular frames, but let the office talk me into them because they are supposedly indestructible. They're not bad though. In fact, I think he looks super cute, as does Emmy in hers.
Comments
Post a Comment