Happy Easter

Well, this is the year Emmy discovered that the Easter Bunny isn't real. She's been questioning these fictitious beings for the last few holidays, but there was no convincing her this time. It doesn't bother me at all that the girls have outgrown this, but they were under strict orders to not ruin it for their younger siblings (Seth, and the two they have on their dad's side).

Emmy thought it was so funny to thank me repeatedly throughout the day for her Easter basket. I'm just glad she doesn't feel like we lied to her or deceived her. Sarah took it all in stride and didn't say much one way or the other.

I should note that Santa is 100% real though. No Easter Bunny, no Tooth Fairy, but definitely Santa. . .and her reason is that all of us, me, her dad, and Sal are too cheap to buy them everything that we do at Christmas.

I didn't take a family picture this year, but my mom took a few of the kids at my sister's. It was cold this year so I didn't push Easter outfits or dressing up too much although Sarah wanted to wear the dress my sister gave her for her birthday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.