Poor Seth
Now the little one has a virus. Daycare said Seth had no appetite and was gagging on his food and didn't want a bottle. Today I took him to the doctor and found out that while he still has fluid in his ears, it's not infected so the pediatrician thinks this is a virus. She checked his throat and it's red, swollen, and blistered.
The pediatrician said this could last another day or two.
She said to give him Motrin every six hours to keep the pain in check, and to ensure he's drinking plenty of fluids. Since he's not eating she was adamant about making sure he gets fluid with calories, in other words, juice. I wasn't sure how juice would feel on the blisters so I picked up Pediasure and some pear juice since I thought that would be pretty bland.
There's no way Seth can go to school tomorrow so I called my mom to see if she could come down a day early. She was planning on being here tomorrow anyway, and she said that was fine. I'll go into work and she'll stay here with him.
Seth hasn't been himself lately, but with everything he's been through lately it's not surprise. Ear infection, multiple antibiotics, teething, now a virus.
This too shall pass. This too shall pass.
The pediatrician said this could last another day or two.
She said to give him Motrin every six hours to keep the pain in check, and to ensure he's drinking plenty of fluids. Since he's not eating she was adamant about making sure he gets fluid with calories, in other words, juice. I wasn't sure how juice would feel on the blisters so I picked up Pediasure and some pear juice since I thought that would be pretty bland.
There's no way Seth can go to school tomorrow so I called my mom to see if she could come down a day early. She was planning on being here tomorrow anyway, and she said that was fine. I'll go into work and she'll stay here with him.
Seth hasn't been himself lately, but with everything he's been through lately it's not surprise. Ear infection, multiple antibiotics, teething, now a virus.
This too shall pass. This too shall pass.
Comments
Post a Comment