Nine Months
Happy 9 Months to my sweet, adorable little boy. Just like mommy, he seems to be in denial about this latest birthday. He even tried to erase the message on his chalkboard.
Ah well, the fact of the matter remains. He IS another month older and growing so much every single day.
He had his first taste of cooked potato and scrambled eggs over the weekend. He didn't love either of them. He still hasn't mastered putting food in his mouth, although everything he's not supposed to eat seems to find its way there; wires, our fingers, toys that belong to the girls, etc.
He still crawls on his belly, rather than up on hands and knees, but I attribute this in part to our hardwood floors and his long pants - it's slippery.
His sleeping hasn't been consistent or the best lately, but I think he had a bug over the weekend, and of course his ear infection remains an ongoing battle. The general discomfort may have slowed his desire to walk as well, although he certainly gets where he wants to go.
Seth will have tubes put in on Friday, and I'm praying hard that he's healthy by then. I'm counting on the tubes to make him a happier, better sleeping baby again.
Now, for some milestones:
- He reaches for me. He's been leaning toward me if I take him from someone else, but very recently he's started putting his arms up to be picked up. I love that.
- He has more control over manipulating objects. Definitely an improvement in fine motor skills.
- He clapped his hands together on Sunday. I think it was by accident and not a reaction to any particular thing, but this motion will become more purposeful in the next few weeks.
- He understand the word "no" even if he chooses to ignore it.
- He loves to listen to books. My favorites to read to him are, "On the Night You were Born" and "Hand Hand Fingers Thumb." He settles right into my lap for a story.
It's been an exciting nine months, although stressful since I do worry about his health. However, the end is in sight, hopefully, for his ear infections, and we can go back to just enjoying him. It's no stretch to say he's one loved little boy. I can't remember what life was like before him.
Comments
Post a Comment