Not your typical Thursday

I picked up my new rental yesterday after work. It's a fully-loaded Toyota Avalon. I love the heated seats, the electronic admission, and pretty much everything about it, except the fact that it's a car and not something bigger. I had my heart set on a minivan, but it was not to be.

Option 2 was a GMC Acadia, but I didn't think Sal would appreciate navigating it around NYC, so I opted for the smaller option. It IS a nice car, but not one I'd want in real life. All the upgrades and electronics are nice in a car that I don't have to worry about having maintenanced.

Not the best picture, but it's black with a tan and black leather interior.

On an exciting note, we had Thanksgiving dinner for lunch today. Of course it's not the real deal, but it's a decent warm-up to next Thursday.

And, my last update of the day is that the surgery center called and Seth is scheduled for tubes tomorrow morning at 6:45. Actually, that's our arrival time, surgery probably won't actually begin until closer to 8am. There's some prepping involved.

He's not allowed formula or solids after midnight, and no clear liquids after 4:45am. I honestly think he'll do okay with this. Food of any kind is not a high priority for him. Following surgery, he'll be moved to recovery where he'll come out of the anesthesia and be expected to drink a bottle (and keep it down). Sarah had issues coming out of the anesthetic, but Emmy didn't have any issues. I'm hoping Seth's experience resembles Emmy's.

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow morning, but dealing with the ear infections and knowing he's (at best) "just" uncomfortable, or at worst, in pain is no good either. I'll be glad when we're back home afterwards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.