The S.U.N.

The S.U.N. is the St. Ursula (School) Newsletter. While the newsletter itself has been around for awhile, I became co-editor in 2012 when Sarah was in Ready-K. I saw a posting that St. Ursula was in need of someone for layout, and after mulling the request over, decided I would offer my services, unless someone more qualified stepped up.

I am not a graphic designer, which would greatly help in the general layout of each issue, but I do my best. I've learned a lot in the last couple of years and feel more confident using InDesign (which I was familiar with through my job as a technical writer). I browse other school newsletters looking for elements and design ideas that I can incorporate into ours. I find myself picking up various newsletters around town and reviewing them as well. Cranberry Township publishes one a few times a year that I always enjoy.

I was delighted when I received positive feedback from my co-editor, other SAC members, parents, teachers, and even the school principal after this issue was distributed this past Monday.  think I'm still on that natural high.

Early on when people would compliment my efforts, I believed they were just grateful someone had offered to help. Now though, I feel like I finally have an idea of what I'm doing. I feel genuine warmth and appreciation in their comments and feedback.

You can peruse the latest edition here. You may even see some familiar faces.

As always, constructive criticism is welcomed and appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.