Learning is Fun
Sal's Italian band was asked to play at a charity dinner today at a church hall in Steubenville, and the girls and I went along. The spaghetti dinner was delicious, and Sarah and Emmy enjoyed listening to the band. They get loads of attention from the guys, and Sarah has the added bonus of sporting a cast. Everyone wants to know what happened and when, and they shower her with sympathy and regale her with their own tales.
The band played for a few hours, and at one point I took Sarah and Emmy outside for a little break. There's a school connected to the church and they enjoyed the small playground. However, painted on the parking lot was a huge map of the United States.
The girls know where quite a few states are located so I called out a state and they would run to stand on it. Florida, Texas, Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania are easily recognizable to them.
At one point I had one of them stand on Pennsylvania and the other on California so that they would have an idea of just how much country will exist between us when Sal and I are honeymooning next month. We also talked a little about the time differences.
Anyway, I thought this was a fabulous idea, and we certainly had a good time playing with the map.
The band played for a few hours, and at one point I took Sarah and Emmy outside for a little break. There's a school connected to the church and they enjoyed the small playground. However, painted on the parking lot was a huge map of the United States.The girls know where quite a few states are located so I called out a state and they would run to stand on it. Florida, Texas, Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania are easily recognizable to them.
At one point I had one of them stand on Pennsylvania and the other on California so that they would have an idea of just how much country will exist between us when Sal and I are honeymooning next month. We also talked a little about the time differences.
Anyway, I thought this was a fabulous idea, and we certainly had a good time playing with the map.
Comments
Post a Comment