A notable day in history

On March 7, 1980, I became a big sister.

Oh sure my world was rocked, but in time I came to love that little bundle of joy. We shared parents, eventually a younger brother, family vacations, and a bedroom. Oh yeah, we have stories.

One of our favorite memories is the time we tried on wind (swish) pants at the Millcreek Mall in Erie. We laughed until our bellies hurt and then laughed some more. More than 10 years later, we can still work ourselves into stitches over this story.

We were in college and wind pants were perfect for lounging around the dorm, and if I'm being honest, wearing to class too. Just a step above sweats, those pants were com-feeee. Emily and I both wanted a pair and decided on a family shopping trip to Erie that we weren't leaving without them.

At Penney's, we each grabbed a pair of pants off the rack and headed for the dressing rooms. Our dressing rooms were directly beside one another. After trying hers on she wasn't too sure about the size and mentioned that maybe she should try the next size up. Since I had that size in my own dressing room, I told her I'd toss them on over for her.

I launched them up and over the dressing room wall and as I did heard a whipping noise. A moment later, someone in another stall screamed, "ahhh, oh my god!" Oblivious, I asked Emily if she got the pants and she was laughing so hard she couldn't answer.

I quickly realized that when I tried to toss the pants into the other dressing room, they got caught in the ceiling fan, whipped around a couple times, and then landed on someone in another dressing room (hence the scream).

Emily and I were dying laughing in our respective dressing rooms. We managed to collect ourselves eventually and surveyed the damage. We peeked into the dressing room the other customer had now exited and saw a pair of blue wind pants laying in the corner, covered in dust. We fell into hysterics again, laughing until we cried.

When I called Emily yesterday so that I could write this blog entry and get our story straight, we were howling all over again. We couldn't even speak and I eventually hung up because it's silly to silently laugh in someone's ear.

Happy 32nd Birthday, Emily. Here's to many more ridiculous memories.

Comments

  1. I just don't understand why people don't think that story is as funny as we do. Of course, I still wonder why I think it's that funny how many years later? The funnier part is I was waiting for you to pass them under the panel that separated us.
    I'm sure they'll be more. For instance, on the generational road trip and we were going up that hill and the car started sounding like it was taking off, and mom said "slow down" or something, and you weren't even doing it. It was the cruise control's fault. lol
    Sister's are for making memories, and finally reminding each other of those memories.
    Thanks for the birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Generational Road Trip" that cracks me up every time you say it, in print it's even more hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.