Flower Power

Sal and I met up with friends of his at Phipps Conservatory on Saturday afternoon. I haven't been to Phipps since I was probably Sarah's age and had no idea it was so beautiful. I especially loved the orchids.

There were so many colors and different plants to look at in this garden - truly breathtaking.

This odd looking plant in the desert room captured my attention as well. I'm not sure I'd want something like this growing in my backyard. It seemed to be reaching toward me as I walked past.

In case the flowers themselves aren't beautiful enough for you, there are Chihuly Glass exhibits throughout the conservatory. You can learn more about Dale Chihuly here; his work is amazing. This eyecatching chandelier hangs in the conservatory foyer.

These "longfellows" were created by Hans Godo Frabel, another glass artist. They are scattered throughout the conservatory and pop up in the most unexpected places.

A visit to Phipps Conservatory is number 25 on my birthday bucket list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.