Hometown Dates
In February, I took Sal to Franklin for the first time. It was a bitterly cold day and we experienced the worst snow storm of the winter, but since we were there for the winter festival, Franklin on Ice, it seemed rather appropriate. I gave him a quick tour of downtown and we warmed up in a coffee shop, and said we'd have to come back in nicer weather.
Then I told him I'd like to see his hometown of Akron, Ohio and we started making plans.
On March 17, the most gorgeous day of the year thus far, we decided to visit Akron. It was a long, busy day, but so much fun. We left his place at 7:38am and did not return until 12:15am, and we did not get to see everything on his list.
Sal's trip down memory lane took us to:
Hale Farm and Village, a living history museum
Rascissi Pizza, where Sal worked as a teenager
Gorge Metro Park, county park and site of Mary Campbell Cave
DiVitis Italian Market, an Italian grocery store that Sal says hasn't changed in 20 years
Walsh Jesuit High School, where Sal spent the best 4 years of his life
Hiram College, where Sal was a music education major
Kent State University, Sal's grandparents lived a block from campus; his uncle lives there now
Comments
Post a Comment