Wine Tasting

Sal and I went to a wine tasting event at our local library last month. I saw this fundraiser advertised on the library's facebook page, and it sounded like something we would enjoy.

Join us this evening for a very special fundraiser with local wine connoisseur John Eld as he guides us through a time of railroad travel when the best food and drink were served in opulent dining cars. The wines will be from France and Italy, plus one from the U.S. by a winery that was in existence at that time. Small bites of various foods will be provided. John is former chairman of the Pittsburgh chapter of the American Wine Society.

My favorite "wine" was actually champagne, but each wine was served with a complimenting dish, a serving size portion. I didn't think to take any pictures at the event, but you can imagine my surprise when I saw my picture up on the bulletin board at the library. . .not once, but twice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.