Thanksgiving
I just could not get into Thanksgiving this year, and it's my favorite holiday! I generally take the day before Thanksgiving off to prep, but I am out of vacation because of Seth's extended illness a couple months ago. So, I went to work and Sal took care of the preparations. This may have played a part in why I felt so blah about the day. Then too, the girls were spending the holiday with their dad so maybe that contributed. I don't know. I went through the motions, but something was just "off."
We put the turkey in the oven and 2.5 hours later, after the timer popped and the timer went off, my dad started carving. The outer layers of meat were fine, but the closer he got to the bones, it became apparent that the turkey was still raw. He finished carving and we popped the sliced meat back into the oven while the rest of the food was prepared, and taken to the table. We saved Thanksgiving, but I opted out of eating turkey.
After everyone went home, I (shamefully) went shopping. Kohls had a few really good deals that I couldn't pass up.
Thanksgiving 2018 is in the books. Oh, and a happy 69th birthday to my mom.
Comments
Post a Comment