Eight Months

What an exciting time for Seth. He was waking in the middle of the night, just once per night fortunately, over the last week and I could only attribute it to the all the new tricks he's doing. He's army crawling, but he's fast and occasionally I do see him up on all fours and rocking. I also caught him trying to pull himself up to standing. The crib mattress must get lowered this weekend. Seth's lower gums are bulging and I can see the outline of teeth. I'm sure one will pop within the next couple of days.

Seth just has so much going on and every day I'm reminded that he's not my squishy baby anymore. He's growing up.

I love this picture. You can just see his excitement. "Yeah, I'm 8 months old, YEAAAAH!!!"

I talked about some of his milestones above, but here's more 8 month tricks and skills that Seth is doing:
  • He's been a great sleeper from the beginning, but he's definitely on a schedule now as far as naps and bedtimes go. A nap in the morning, a nap in the afternoon, in bed between 7 and 8pm.
  • He reaches for me. He's always been fine with anyone holding him, but now he reaches for me, and occasionally he gets upset when I leave the room. This boy loves his mama, which makes my heart sing. I fall in love with him all over again every single day.
  • All of us talk to him all the time, and while he can't speak back in words I do see recognition and understanding of words and short phrases.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.