So, about this baby thing

I know I'm going to have a baby. I've done this twice before. But, wouldn't you know, it still seems like an abstract concept in some ways. So what if I feel the baby move from time-to-time. Does that mean it's actually real?

I am expanding, time is marching on, and somewhere in the back of my mind I know I should be planning, or at least thinking, ahead.

But, I'm not. Not really.

We've started getting the nursery ready. But, that's pretty much where it ends.

Have I made a list of things we'll need within the first few days of being home from the hospital? No. Have I thought about what I'll need to take to the hospital? No.

Of course we have time; we also have two other children, so really no, we don't have time. Ever.

Today I decided it was time to buy a diaper bag. Out of the blue, it was time.

I got online and looked at all the usual suspects. Based on previous experiences, I know a thing or two about diaper bags.

Mine has to be functional AND cute. After all, this will be my purse for the next 2.5 years.

(Please Lord, let this child potty train early and easily).

When I somehow manage to leave the house childless, not everyone needs to know I'm a mom just by looking at my handbag.

A separate, washable changing pad is a must. It should be roomy and also have lots of pockets inside and out.

I plan to breastfeed so insulated pockets are not necessary. Besides, my breast pump will come with a thermal bag and ice pack should the need ever arise.

So, with all this criteria in mind, I found a shop called BagEnvy on Etsy.

(If you've never been on etsy, approach cautiously as it's highly addictive in nature.)

At any rate, this seller's diaper bags are cute, functional, and customizable. I will post a full review, with pictures, once I receive the bag. For now, you can check out her shop on your own, https://www.etsy.com/shop/BagEnvy?ref=l2-shopheader-name

I chose a large "Monterey" diaper bag in a solid charcoal gray fabric (as shown) and upgraded from a snap to a zip closure, added zippered pockets inside and out, and asked her to include stroller straps. This will keep the "catch-all" space beneath the stroller seat free for other items, and keep the bag within arms reach.

I've asked for her input on the lining. I want something bold, we have met, right? But I also want something that will disguise inevitable staining. While I like the bag as shown, it's just not me. We'll see what the seller says.

I shouldn't be this excited about a diaper bag, but as they say, it's the little things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.