Happy Half
Today Sarah is seven and a half. She's pushing 8 years old folks.I will never forget being home from the hospital for just a couple of weeks. She was screaming in my arms, all red-faced and angry with seemingly nothing wrong. I laid her down on the bed, put my hands down on the comforter next to her, got really close to her face and said, "Why can't you just be 5."
That moment still makes me laugh. Not only did I make it to see her turn five, she's now almost three years past my original goal. We survived.
Seriously, I love this age.
My mom told me those early school age years are the best. Now I believe her.
Hard to believe I'm going back to the infant stage very soon. At least I know they don't last forever and kids do grow up.
Comments
Post a Comment