Untitled

I'm taking a break from the Photo-A-Day project, just for the day.

Today would have been my 7th wedding anniversary, and all I have to say is. . .thank God it isn't.

Incidentally, I didn't even think about it until I went to Target at lunchtime and asked the date so I could write it on my check. There are times I wish I had selective amnesia, but I suppose there's a reason we're not supposed to forget our mistakes.

I do regret my mistakes, but I've also learned that I have to own them. I am also a better person because I have Sarah and Emily. I don't know what I'm going to tell my daughters when they are older and dating, or even when they start to ask questions, but I hope I can find the words.

In order to turn back the clock to make different decisions I would have to alter choices and paths that were not mine in the first place. The reasons I got married and ended up in a relationship with someone who was so bad for me are bigger than myself.

In the end, I learned a lot about myself and I appreciate Sal in a way that I know I wouldn't have otherwise. That's what matters now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.