Under the Knife

Emmy sailed through her adenoidectomy with flying colors. I hope her recovery continues to go well.

Here she is before surgery, looking all cute:

In a moment of mommy genius, I slid a book under the tissue paper on the exam table. I gave Emmy a pen from my purse and she traced the design from the cover onto the paper (which I kept to put in her baby book).


The surgery itself only took 13 minutes. She was moved to recovery and slept another 15 minutes (definitely shorter than most kids, but pretty much what I had expected). When I finally got to her room, a nurse was feeding her a red slushie.

Now here's something you must know about Emmy - she loves slushies, popsicles, ice cream - anything cold. She asked for one popsicle after another and thought this was the bees knees when there seemed to be no end in sight.

We were discharged from the hospital within two hours and had to stop at Giant Eagle to pick up her antibiotics. I think she was feeling at little woozy at this point:

We hit rush hour traffic coming home, but Emmy was able to catch a little nap.

Sarah was very happy to have Emmy home. The girls had lots of fun entertaining grandma, who is staying with us for a few days. Emmy had a good evening and it's hard to believe that just a few hours ago she was under the knife. I hope the rest of her recovery goes this smoothly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.