Chaperoned!
My sister has hosted the family Easter shindig for the last 7 years or so. This year was no different.
I packed Sarah and Emily up in the car and we headed south on I-79. We were the first to arrive and Sarah, Emily, and my nephew hit his playroom with tornadic force. They play together so well and William loves seeing "the cousins".
I packed Sarah and Emily up in the car and we headed south on I-79. We were the first to arrive and Sarah, Emily, and my nephew hit his playroom with tornadic force. They play together so well and William loves seeing "the cousins".
The other guests arrived, my sister's in-laws, our parents, and Sal and his uncle. It was at that point Easter became a chaperoned affair. When everyone took their places at the table, Sal and I were not seated together. I was at one end of the table and he was at the other. . .with my parents. I knew he could handle it, but some part of me hoped he didn't feel as though I had thrown him to the wolves.
At first I'll admit I was a little miffed about being separated, but then the more I thought about it, I really don't think anyone gave it any thought. I felt like we were straight out of a Jane Austen novel, and I'm not sure that's a bad thing. That said, I'd prefer it not happen again.
Anyway, the rest of the day was uneventful and everyone had a good time - so much so that no one took any pictures. Ooops.
I would take that as a compliment that no one thought about it. It means that Sal fits right in.
ReplyDelete