A Week From Today. . .
Do you ever play this game with yourself? For both the good things in life and the challenges to you ever think, a week (day, month, whatever) from now I'll be __________________? Or there's the flip side, a week ago, two days ago, a month ago, I was _______________?
Maybe not. Maybe I'm the only one who tracks the events in my life down to the hour.
But, at any rate, a week from today my children, my sister, my nephew, my mom, and I will have piled into a rented SUV and be on our way to the Gaithersburg, Maryland for the weekend.
What's in Gaithersburg you ask?
Next weekend, May 21-22, is the Gaithersburg Book Festival at which Matt Logelin is a keynote speaker. At first just my sister and I were going to go, but then we thought, why not take the kids? We can handle one 4 year old and two 2 year olds for a four hour drive. No problem. Then one of us thought maybe Grandma would like to come along too. We asked, but didn't really give her the opportunity to say no, so that's how we all ended up in the rented SUV.
My sister found a hotel in the area with suites (including a kitchen), perfect for our crew. She also found out that the DC Metro will take us directly to the National Zoo with no train changes. Perfect.
This will be my children's first roadtrip outside the great state of PA. I sure hope they enjoy it because mama has a traveling bug and foresees many more trips in their future.
Maybe not. Maybe I'm the only one who tracks the events in my life down to the hour.
But, at any rate, a week from today my children, my sister, my nephew, my mom, and I will have piled into a rented SUV and be on our way to the Gaithersburg, Maryland for the weekend.
What's in Gaithersburg you ask?
Next weekend, May 21-22, is the Gaithersburg Book Festival at which Matt Logelin is a keynote speaker. At first just my sister and I were going to go, but then we thought, why not take the kids? We can handle one 4 year old and two 2 year olds for a four hour drive. No problem. Then one of us thought maybe Grandma would like to come along too. We asked, but didn't really give her the opportunity to say no, so that's how we all ended up in the rented SUV.
My sister found a hotel in the area with suites (including a kitchen), perfect for our crew. She also found out that the DC Metro will take us directly to the National Zoo with no train changes. Perfect.
This will be my children's first roadtrip outside the great state of PA. I sure hope they enjoy it because mama has a traveling bug and foresees many more trips in their future.
Comments
Post a Comment