Proud Mommy Moment

I found out today that Sarah was accepted into the ReadyK Program at St. Ursula’s School. I don’t know why I’m calling this a proud mommy moment or even why I almost started crying (happy tears) when I got the news. It’s not like I, or she, even did anything short of submitting a lot of paperwork (health forms, registration form, baptismal certificate, birth certificate, just to name a few) and a check to cover registration fees, a nominal amount. But, proud I was. She is so ready for this program and I know she’s going to do well. Little Achievers has done a great job preparing her for the next step in her education.

The administrator I spoke to also explained that in late May Sarah will be invited to attend “Move-Up Day”. She will essentially go to school for a day and meet her teacher and classmates and get to see what it’s all about. It sounds like fun.

I hung up the phone and in my mind I was already back-to-school shopping for backpacks, clothes, and accessories. Then it hit me. I’ll always be her mom, but I won’t always be the center of her world. There are only going to be so many boo-boos I can still fix with a kiss. She’s growing up and her world is expanding. It’s bittersweet.

Comments

  1. Way to go Sarah!! That is something to be very proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will do great at her new school! Congrats Sarah and Mom :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.