A Letter to My Sister

Dear Emily,

So, my little sister is 31 today. 31?!? How can you be 31? I’m pretty sure I’m still 31 (or maybe even 30). Ah well, as your (slightly) older, (somewhat) delusional sister I have a few things to share.

Here’s the thing about 31. You are now IN your 30s. You are on the downhill slide to 40 and I mean it’s a literal slide. You were once able to pass the pencil test with flying colors. Try it now, or maybe. . . wait until tomorrow, we don’t want any tears on your birthday. If you don’t have any gray hairs yet, don’t worry. You will. Before the year ends, I bet. You no longer have laugh lines. Those are wrinkles. Actual wrinkles. And, just remember, for heaven’s sake (as well as your own), that trampolines and jumping rope are for children.

Enjoy your day. Happy Birthday!

Comments

  1. Wow, how am I supposed to enjoy after that! lol Maybe I can enjoy today, and then be depressed tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.