Dreaming of Summer, Part II

Life is humming along.

All of us were off for Martin Luther King Day on Monday, and the kids were still off yesterday for the end of the 9 week grading period. The school year is officially half over.

In the winter I prefer to hibernate and not leave the house if I don't have to, so we just hung out for four days. It was kind of nice; lots of down time, which the girls seem to appreciate since they run constantly when they're with their dad. Seth is a homebody and would be happy to never leave the house.

We did some vacation planning and narrowed down this summer's trips.

It's not exactly summer, but to kick off the summer season, Sal and I will be meeting his cousin Kurt and his wife Kim in New York City for a Mets game. My mom will stay with the kids overnight while we fly up and back in one weekend. Quick trip, but I am so looking forward to it.

Sarah and Emily begged to go to Hershey. They haven't been there in a few years and are truly dying to go back. I'm fine with this, but I said we need to go midweek because I can't take amusement parks on the weekend - too much time is lost standing in line. This will be a two-night getaway.

My parents are treating us to a week-long vacation in Maine. They rented their timeshare, and I'm pulling together an itinerary for our family unit. The plan is not to spend 24/7 with the extended family. High on our list is a day trip to Mackinac, a night on the Upper Peninsula, and a full day exploring the UP, specifically the Lake Superior shoreline. I would also like to schedule family pictures while we are there.

In July the girls will be going to the beach with their dad, but we also thought an overnight to Niagara Falls would be fun. I'd like to avoid the weekend there as well in favor of lighter crowds during the week, but I'm going to need to review my vacation days.

In August we'll be meeting up with Sal's Massachusetts family. Right now we're looking at the Lake George area in New York, but nothing is finalized.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.