6 Month Well Visit

Yes, I know, Seth is almost seven months and just now had his six month well visit. We saw a new doctor since our beloved Dr. Bhat is only located at the Natrona Heights office. We'll continue to see her, I think, when illnesses are involved or if I have any concerns.

Seth weighs 18.3lbs (50th percentile) and is 28.5" (94th percentile). His head circumference is 17".

I felt like he should have gained more weight between his last appointment and this one, but both the resident and the doctor said he's doing fine. The doctor did recommend he have fruits/veggies three times a day, whereas we had only been feeding those once a day at dinner.

Seth is on track with all of his milestones too. He can sit for a few seconds unassisted, but the doctor thinks it's less about his ability to sit and more about him simply not wanting to. He'd rather be down on the floor where he can move around and explore, both the environment and his toys. He's just not interested in sitting still.

However, he loves to sit and listen to books. It's hard to remember exactly what Sarah and Emmy were like at this age, but I don't remember them being so attentive to stories. I'd like to get them reading to him more regularly. It's good practice for them and he's a willing listener.

Seth got a few shots, Rotavirus, HIB, and DTaP. He cried for about 0.2 seconds. When it comes time for the flu shot in October, I think I'll have him go first to show the girls how it's done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.