Back to School
Today was the girls first day of school. I think they were feeling lots of butterflies, but there weren't any tears.We had stopped into school on Friday to take care of some last minute to-dos. We were fortunate to run into the first grade teacher who gave Sarah a big hug, and it gave Emmy a chance to meet her new teacher one-on-one.
The three of us went to first grade and dropped Emmy's bags and supplies off at her desk. Then we went to second grade to meet Sarah's new teacher and to get her settled. She adjusts quickly in new situations so we took a few pictures, and then Emmy and I went back to first grade.
I took a few more pictures and then I left. Emmy seemed a little apprehensive about me going, but I think she was also curious to see what first grade is all about. She was torn between wanting what she knows and having a new adventure.
Comments
Post a Comment