Mommy's Sweet Pea

I have to laugh when I think about all the nicknames Sarah has had in the last four years. Most are long forgotten already, but a few linger.

One of the teachers at daycare started calling her "Sarah Smiles" when she was just 12 weeks old, and to this day still calls her "Sarah Smiles" each and every time she says her name.

I'm not sure when I started calling her "Miss Sarah". The name "Sarah" is Hebrew for "God's Princess". There could not be a more fitting name for Sarah given her last days in utero and her birth experience. Certainly she put her guardian to angel to work early. However, something does not permit me to call her "princess" (or at least not often). I need Sarah to stay grounded and not morph into a little diva. "Miss Sarah" is my version of "princess" and she is none the wiser.

Then there's "Sweet Pea". Where this came from I'll never know, but it's fitting. She is my little sweet pea. Sensitive, caring, and, well. . .sweet.

. . .and I'm not the only one to think so.

I had a moment to speak with Sarah's Ready-K teacher this past week. She told me Sarah is doing very well and that she is such a sweet little girl. She listens, loves to learn, and is independent.

(By independent I think she means that Sarah does a lot for herself without help, not that Sarah is a free-spirit type)

Sarah loves school. She has a new best friend named Lucy, shares her locker with a little girl named Maggie, and gets to see one of her fellow daycare graduates, Jake, at lunchtime since he's in kindergarten.

Recently I found out that Sarah's favorite class is computers. She likes music and art too, but she "really loves computers". She went into great detail about all the things she can do on them and how they work. I love seeing her interests and talents develop and St. Ursula's has opened up a whole new world for her. She was so ready for Ready-K.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.