Meet the Teacher
This evening was "Meet the Teacher" night at St. Ursula's. I had a chance to talk to Sarah's teacher last week, but tonight gave teachers the opportunity to discuss the goals for their students this year, how school is going now that we're a month in, and anything else parents wanted to discuss.
I did talk to Sarah's teacher one-on-one again this evening, but she just reiterated that Sarah's doing well and that she is such an easy kid to have in class. She described her as a mini-adult, in a lot of ways. The biggest thing she wants Sarah to work on is playing with other kids. Mrs. P said Sarah seems to enjoy talking to her first thing in the morning and at other times throughout the day. She said she enjoys her as well, but they do try to encourage her to play with the other kids. I think Sarah is naturally drawn to and comfortable around adults and once she gets to know the kids in her class a little better and comes out of her shell a bit, she won't have any problems. I'm sure she misses Emmy and her friends from daycare as well. At any rate, Mrs. P doesn't think this is a problem and Sarah will be just fine (as if I had any doubts).
I talked to some of the other parents as well. I see a few in the mornings when I drop Sarah off, but of course there's no time for chatting then.
Meet the Teacher night was fun and I'm glad all is well in the world of Ready-K.
I did talk to Sarah's teacher one-on-one again this evening, but she just reiterated that Sarah's doing well and that she is such an easy kid to have in class. She described her as a mini-adult, in a lot of ways. The biggest thing she wants Sarah to work on is playing with other kids. Mrs. P said Sarah seems to enjoy talking to her first thing in the morning and at other times throughout the day. She said she enjoys her as well, but they do try to encourage her to play with the other kids. I think Sarah is naturally drawn to and comfortable around adults and once she gets to know the kids in her class a little better and comes out of her shell a bit, she won't have any problems. I'm sure she misses Emmy and her friends from daycare as well. At any rate, Mrs. P doesn't think this is a problem and Sarah will be just fine (as if I had any doubts).
I talked to some of the other parents as well. I see a few in the mornings when I drop Sarah off, but of course there's no time for chatting then.
Meet the Teacher night was fun and I'm glad all is well in the world of Ready-K.
Comments
Post a Comment