"Kids are short, not stupid"
. . .just one of Laura Bennett's many gems in Didn't I Feed You Yesterday: A Mother's Guide to Sanity in Stilettos. I actually took notes, well maybe not notes per se, but I did jot down page numbers as I was reading so I could come back and share these tidbits with you. I'm hoping these are just as funny out of context as they were when I read them.
- "If you see me misty eyed at a promotion ceremony from kindergarten to first grade, it’s probably only because I couldn’t defer my appearance."
- "Why on earth would a complete stranger ever ask you whether you breastfed or not? I might be a throwback, but I think who sucks on me and how often in the privacy of my own home is my business."
- "All my kids' therapists say they are very well-adjusted."
Too funny!!! LOVE the breastfeeding comment! This book seems like a fun read! I'll have to check it out!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I LOVE that you're blogging! :)
I soooooooo want to read this! I saw your recommendation on OOF for it and I went to both Barnes and Noble and Borders and they were out of it. So, I ordered it on Amazon. You have such good recommendations for books!
ReplyDelete