February: The Month of Love and Snow
Last year February broke the record for being Pittsburgh ’s snowiest month ever, or at least the snowiest one since records were kept. That’s a dubious honor and certainly one I hope isn’t repeated this year. I’m over it. Snow that is. So, let’s talk about LOVE.
Most adults swear off Valentine’s Day (and the Month of Love) as being a Hallmark Holiday, cheesy, and say “if you’re in love, shouldn’t every day be Valentine’s Day?” However, for those adults who have kids Valentine’s Day (and the Month of Love) takes on a whole new meaning and soars to new heights.
I’ve been excited about Valentine’s Day 2011 since I turned the calendar to January 1 and realized it was just over a month away. Sarah and Emmy are the perfect ages to do-up Valentine’s Day (and the Month of Love) in the most fun way ever. I have a few activities planned:
· Cut paper hearts from construction paper and each day, February 1 to February 14, write something each of them “loves” on it, in their own words, then hang them on the now naked "Christmas Not Holiday Tree". I bet some of these will be keepers for their baby books.
· Bake Valentine’s Day cookies. Mmmm cookies.
· Prepare treats for Little Achievers (daycare) Valentine’s Day party.
· Bake a heart shaped cake (admittedly this is more practical than anything, a cake mix in my cupboard is nearing its expiration date). How cool do you think they’ll find food coloring to be when we make our own icing?
· Homemade Valentine’s Day cards for Grandma and Pop-Pop and the great-grandparents too.
· Read lots of books about Valentine’s Day. The library has a whole section dedicated to holidays.
· Wear lots of red and pink this month, often at the same time (them, not me, I do have to maintain a [somewhat] professional image around the office).
Stay tuned for updates and pictures from our “Month of Love”.
Can't wait to see your posts throughout the "Month of Love."
ReplyDelete