Birthday Celebration

Fortunately Seth seems a lot better today, so plans went forward as planned.

Our sitter picked him up about 5:30 to take him to a baptism party for the daughter of one of his daycare teachers. Because he was going to know so many people in attendance, and the party was right around the corner from our house, we agreed she could take him. I was a bit anxious buckling him into someone else's car, but we all need this.

Shana promised to have him home around 9pm, so that gave Sal and I plenty of time to enjoy dinner.

It was strange after Seth left. It took us about another 30 minutes to get ready after he left, and the house was so quiet; unsettling even.

Finally Sal and I were on our way. I had mentioned wanting to try Andora, the former Cross Keys restaurant in O'Hara Township, and it did not disappoint. It's rumored this inn was a stop on the Pony Express, although I can't find confirmation of that online.

For celebrations we always go all out with drinks, apps, an entree, and dessert. This was no different.

I had peach sangria, which was probably the best sangria I've ever tasted. Sal had an old-fashioned. We split a flatbread appetizer which was fresh mozzarella, grape tomatoes, and balsamic dressing. Then I ordered pork while Sal ordered a chicken entree. Dessert was absolute decadence. It was a chocolate and peanut butter ice cream pie, and oh my my.

Andora's patio bears mentioning as well. It was gorgeous. Private, beautiful, and tranquil. . .we had been seated by the water feature. We would highly recommend this restaurant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.