The Poconos 2018

For the second year in a row we traveled The Poconos for a Storch/Crano Family reunion. Last year we stayed near Swiftwater, but this year we rented a house in Bushkill. This trip was from July 19 - 22, and one night longer than last year. Three nights was better than two, but I'd like to try four. What I don't want to have happen is us spend too many days together. You want to feel disappointed it's over, not relieved to be going home.

I preferred last year's house for the number of bedrooms and having a pool right out our backyard. This year's house was slightly smaller, but had an open layout. It was also better maintained (ie no leaking toilets). It was in a gated community which had six pools and other amenities, but all required packing everyone up and driving.

We arrived on Wednesday an hour or so before the Storch clan. The girls chose a bedroom with double bunk beds, and I think the kids are all young enough to stay in the same room. Aunt Doreen took a bedroom, Sal and I lucked out in getting the master, and Kurt and Kim had the loft, near the kids' bedroom.

Rather than recapping each day, I'll just say we had a great time. Over the course of three days we hung out, spent time at the pools, played dice and card games, explored the woods behind our house, enjoyed coffee on one of 5 porches, and the kids played a lot of hide and seek. It was just the way a family get together is supposed to be. 

I didn't even take that many pictures. We did take a few though to capture the memories, but I'd say we all did a great job of just living in the moment.

Next year we're hoping to go to Hershey. The Storches would like to check out Hershey before the kids get too big. For Sarah and Emmy Hershey is a second home since their dad takes them every summer. They are excited to show off "their" park to Konrad and Koby.

We feel very fortunate we found a family with whom we travel well.

Must haves for next year's house - 5 bedrooms and a pool :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.