Thanksgiving Feasting
This year was epic. I made more sides than I ever have before, but the day went surprisingly well. Everything came together and dinner was enjoyable.We had ordered a farm fresh turkey last year, but I didn't think it tasted any better than the free Shop N Save bird. This year we stuck with the free bird. I basically let my dad handle that project from rinsing to cooking to carving.
We had prepped as much as we could the night before, cut all the celery and onion, potatoes, and bread for stuffing. I also made the turnips and carrots the night before so they just needed re-heated in the oven.
I made homemade cranberry sauce, which was much tastier than last year. It wasn't so sweet.
I also made green bean casserole in the crockpot which was easy enough. I stirred all the ingredients together, and let it cook for a couple hours. When we were ready to eat, I tossed some french fried onions on top and that was that.
I only made two cans of corn, and probably should have done three. The corn went fast, but there was a lot of other food to eat so it was fine.
The girls were with us this year, so we put the two of them plus William and Seth at the kids table in the living room. It worked well, even if Seth did slide out the back of the wooden chair upon which he was sitting. That kid.
Comments
Post a Comment